Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Guidelines






Contacting a professional dominant for the first time can be daunting, regardless of your experience level. After all, we are in the business of unseating power and administering pain, both of which can be scary things to confront in another human being. To complicate matters further, each dominant has a distinct set of rules and expectations for potential play partners, often unspoken and unwritten, making the entire exchange that much more difficult to negotiate gracefully.

I'd like to help. Below are guidelines for proceeding with me in a way that will ensure my happiness (and who doesn't want that?). Some of this information is specific to me, but much of it you'll also find helpful in your dealings with other professionals, BDSM or otherwise

I am a lifestyle BDSM educator. The primary focus of every session I create is some aspect of dominance and submission, pain and power exchange, bondage and discipline, and/or sadomasochism. If you are interested in contacting me, you will respect that I do not provide a sexual service. Before contacting me, I will expect you to have read this site carefully.

Courtesy: First and foremost, it is important to know that when you come to see me you will be spending time with someone who will treat you with consideration, respect, and discretion. I expect the same courtesies from you.

Before you contact me: Take stock of your interests and desires, then read this Blog thoroughly. I have worked hard to make sure it accurately represents me. Neither of us is interested in wasting time and energy on an encounter that proves frustrating because we are working at cross-purposes. Making sure that our interests and expectations are in line prior to meeting is the surest route to helping us create a delightful BDSM exchange.

When you speak with me: Our first conversation is a time to speak intelligently and exchange information. Of course, it always helps to be polite, respectful, and to answer my questions honestly and concisely. When in doubt about whether we share an interest, please do ask. I assure you I don't shock easily.

Appointments: I have established procedures for setting up sessions, confirming appointments, and granting admission to my play space. I appreciate those who pay attention to the instructions I give and show me the courtesy of following them precisely.

Rates: My time is valuable and so is yours! I charge by the hour with a one hour minimum. Presently my rates begin at $200 for one hour.

Cancellations: Please treat the appointments you make with me as you would an appointment with any other professional. If you find you need to cancel or reschedule, you may do so via telephone and at least 24 hours prior to our appointment time – you should leave a message if I do not answer. Sometimes, despite your best efforts, you may find you need to cancel at the last minute. These things happen, and in such cases please call me as soon as possible. In general, last minute cancellations require remuneration of at least one-third of the total session fee.

When you arrive: Please be cognizant of the world around you. Show respect for my space and my neighbors in your dress and demeanor. If you've brought something for me or for our play, please make sure it's wrapped in discreet packaging, and that your tribute has been counted prior to your arrival in my neighborhood. I know coming to a stranger's house can be scary, but do refrain from pacing or exhibiting nervous behavior. When you're expected, it's best to just walk purposefully up to the door and knock or ring the bell. Don't worry; once you're inside you'll be well looked after.

A note on grooming: I prefer the clean scent of freshly scrubbed skin to that of any cologne on my play partners (Aveda products are an exception). However, I am also a woman who enjoys smelling vaguely delicious herself. If you are scent-sensitive, do let me know during our confirmation call so that I may adjust my toilette accordingly.